The International Project Office for CORDEX (IPOC) is hosted by the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI) at their headquarters in Norrköping, Sweden. The role of the IPOC is to:
- Support the CORDEX Science Advisory Team (CORDEX-SAT) in the planning and implementation of CORDEX priorities;
- Ensure appropriate international coordination between the CORDEX regions, institutes and individuals;
- Build relationships with the impacts and adaptation, and end user communities to ensure their needs are addressed by CORDEX activities;
- Collaborate with relevant WCRP and other international programmes;
- To promote capacity development particularly in developing regions and among young scientists;
- Actively disseminate and communicate the work of CORDEX.
The IPOC is the first point of contact for those who are interested in any of the activities of the CORDEX project.