The “4th WCRP CORDEX Science and Training Workshop in East Asia” will be held 23rd-26th November 2015 in Beijing, China. This workshop will be jointly supported by APN, WCRP, Regional Integrated Multi-hazard Early warning System (RIMES), International Center for Climate and Environment sciences (ICCE) of Institute of Atmospheric Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences (IAP/CAS) and MAIRS.
- Continue discussion on Phase II experiment of CORDEX East Asia following the 3rd CORDEX EA workshop in Jeju 2014
- Evaluation of climate simulations in East Asia region from multiple climate models (East Asia monsoon, ENSO, seasonal and intra-seasonal variability, Typhoon and tropical cyclone, extreme events etc.).
- Assessment of downscaling techniques and their products in East Asia to understand uncertainties accompanying the regional climate projections and to determine the utility of climate model results.
- Meeting the requests of end-users (hydrology, agriculture, water resources, land cover and ecosystem etc.) on downscaled products, with definition of data types, formats and resolutions, for vulnerability, impacts and adaptation analysis.
- Building up CORDEX ESGF nodes in Asia
- Training on RCMs modeling, data analysis and applications for young scientists from East and Southeast Asia.
For further information