International Project Office for CORDEX (IPOC)
The International Project Office for CORDEX (IPOC) is hosted by the Swedish Meteorological and Hydrological Institute (SMHI) at their headquarters in Norrköping, Sweden. The role of the IPOC is to:
- Support the CORDEX Science Advisory Team (CORDEX-SAT) in the planning and implementation of CORDEX priorities;
- Ensure appropriate international coordination between the CORDEX regions, institutes and individuals;
- Build relationships with the impacts and adaptation, and end user communities to ensure their needs are addressed by CORDEX activities;
- Collaborate with relevant WCRP and other international programmes;
- To promote capacity development particularly in developing regions and among young scientists;
- Actively disseminate and communicate the work of CORDEX.